For me, I experienced that we can’t say that a certain tools is good for keyword research. Because if we will use a single tool, our research data will be very limited. What you girls and guys think about this strategy?
– Go to Google.com and start typing already brainstormed keyword, Google will start giving you suggestions, yes, I’m talking about the Google Instant/Suggest.
Note few keywords researched this way.
– Now Move to the Search result page’s bottom and look for LSI keywords and see if you can find some relevant keywords, note them too
– Use SEMRush or SpyFu to see the keywords for which your competitors are already ranking, also extract the relevant keywords from this way
– Check your competitors meta titles, descriptions, h1’s, image alt text etc
– Lastly, use Open Site Explorer to find the anchor texts for competitors
At last, add all these keywords to create a big list, now you may use a wordtracker, Google Keyword Planner, or any other free or premium tool.
Pro tip: Following such or any other detailed process ensures that you’ll not miss out any important keyword.